January 30, 2011

Halfway.

I'm halfway through my senior year. Halfway! Only about four more months.

This week I went up to Sundance with a group of students from Grenobles, France. It taught me how little French I have learned in the last six years, but also that you don't always have to understand each other perfectly to make new friends. And also that it's not cool to say "C'est chouette!" Apparently it's the French version of "It's groovy!" Way outdated. Embarrassing.

I always thought a good way to deal with problems was to go out and dance and party and do crazy stuff and forget about everything else. But it turns out that one of the best things is laying on the couch for 3 hours on a Friday night and talking. Talking about the past, the present, the future, and the way things change. Sometimes that is better than getting lost in people and loud music.

No comments:

Post a Comment