August 8, 2010

Pieces.

So I've been thinking lately. Girls always get mad about a boy acting different around his friends than he does around her, and vice versa. You act different at work than you do at home or at school. So how do you tell who someone really is?


In my opinion, all of these things make up the whole of that person. Of course you are going to act different with your friends than you do with your manager or your boyfriend.. It's a different situation. What would your boss do if you came into work and acted the way you do with your significant other? Are you putting on a face for your friends, or your mom? Or both?


I think it's neither. You have the hard working, responsible side of yourself that you show at work, the fun side when you're with your friends, the romantic side when you're with that special someone, and the crazy, weird, family side when you're at home. There's not only one side that's really you, you have to put them all together and they make you.

2 comments:

  1. I often think about this sometimes myself. I think... "Who am I really?" Am I really acting like myself or am I just stealing different bits and pieces of others personalities. I don't know why I'm like this, but I suppose not everyone can be completely original with their personalities. They have to get SOME of of how they act and what they do from SOMEONE. I guess maybe, that all those different personalities I "take" from my friends, family, etc. Make me... well me.
    -Amicus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! But the combination of all the people you know and everything that comes together is different from anyone else. So it makes you different. People probably steal bits and pieces from you too.

    ReplyDelete