March 25, 2011

MZ.

I just got back from a speech by Mark Zuckerburg, the creator of Facebook! I have not seen the movie about him, but I was still surprised to see him be a cool, down to earth guy. It was in a Q&A interview type format with Orrin Hatch, the Utah senator, but Mark showed up in jeans and a hoodie, which I thought was great.

I wouldn't say it was a very inspirational speech or anything like that, but he did have a few points which I think are worthy of mentioning:

It's as much about psychology as it is about technology.
In order to create a great company, it is necessary to hire people that are passionate about what they do, and instead of seeking to fill a position, they create it for themselves.
The biggest qualification one needs is passion. With that, anyone can change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment