May 27, 2013

The darth evader.

It's time to bid farewell to my faithful companion of the past four years: my 1997 silver Acura CL.

Nicknamed the Darth Evader, he has driven me through high school and my first two years of college with as much style as he could muster. He's been stained by paint from a paint fight and smudged with markers from craft projects, been smoky with multicolored chalk that stayed for months, and splattered with juice from glow sticks. He's patiently given a lift to my golden retriever, who licked everything in sight and shed half his fur onto the floor. He's stayed valiant through all my unfortunate car decorating phases, from dice or a dream catcher hanging from the rear view, to stickers of the Volcom logo or the Beatles or obscure hipster bands that performed at Kilby Court during sophomore year. He's been strong through many, many trips back and forth to Cedar City, St. George, and Las Vegas. Even through all my reckless driving - blown tires, fender benders, speeding tickets, and crazy ladies in Walmart parking lot - he's been faithful to the end. And he may have even helped save my life a couple times, when drivers have been wild or in the multiple car chases that gave him his name.

Sadly, my time with the Darth Evader has come to an end. His paint is scratched, his hood is dented, and his seats are splitting open at the seams. He's seen his share of summer nights, and autumn canyon drives, and ice covered winter streets, and blooming spring flowers. He's spent his time sitting at my favorite places overlooking the valley and wiping my tears when I cry. He's definitely heard enough of my road rage profanities and off key singing. It's time to bid him a sweet goodbye and send him off on his next great adventure.

I think everyone's first car holds a special place in their lives. I'll definitely miss this one.


That being said... I'm welcoming a new love into my life: this gorgeous white Honda Crosstour. This baby is champing at the bit for all kinds of new adventures. So here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment