August 27, 2013

Last first.

Today was my last first day at SUU. I don't know how I got here.


It seems like just yesterday when I was walking around campus the Sunday before school started figuring out where all my classes were so I wouldn't get lost. I didn't have to do that this time obviously (although I did have to ask someone what building "TH" is the abbreviation for). It seems like just barely when I was stalking my future roommates on Facebook and thinking I was going to be the only white girl in my room in Cedar Hall... who knows why I thought that. It definitely does not feel like it's been three years since I made the decision of where to come to school because the first commercial to come on after General Conference was for SUU, and that was clearly a sign.

It's amazing how much I've progressed since freshman year. Who knew that I would live in France for a month; become a Presidential Ambassador, a reporter, and an event planner; have to get glasses (you didn't even know I wear glasses did you?); develop a love for hiking; and think things like sheep tunnels, a tiny reservoir, or a snow cone shack are cool places to be on a Friday night? I've gone from a kid nervous about moving to a new place and making friends and getting good grades, to a slightly older kid terrified of making decisions and entering the grown-up world. But that's all part of life I guess: being scared of stuff and then doing it anyway. That's how we all grow.

Anyway, I guess it's just hard to believe that in eight months I will (assuming everything goes according to plan) be the proud owner of a bachelor's degree and be leaving this little town I have come to love so much over the past two years. Which means these next eight months should probably be pretty kick-ass. Bring it on, senior year!

2 comments: