August 16, 2012

So long, so long.

My summer is over.

And as much as I've complained about it and said it has been hard (which it truly has), I am so glad to know the things I have learned this summer. I think these four months were given to me for a reason, definitely.

A list of things I'm thankful for, pertaining to this summer:
  • The ability and opportunity to have had not only one, but two jobs, where I made new friendships and continued to learn to work hard and be patient.
  • A healthy body that let me walk all over France; work twelve hour shifts; and hike, bike, and run all over Draper.
  • My extraordinary friends that have the courage to take two years out of their lives for the service of the church and the people all over the world. I'm not sure I would be able to leave my life behind for two years. This amazes me endlessly.
  • My family that provides for me, encourages me, and supports me in (almost!) everything I do.
  • My huge puppy that likes to hold my hand and still loves to fall asleep on my lap at night. What would I do without him?
  • My stellar friends that entertained me on many a night and listened to my rants about life. That called me when I needed it the most and spent time with me doing absolutely nothing. It meant so much to me.

A list of my favorite quotes, pertaining to this summer:
  • "You can stomp on the flowers, but you can't stop the spring."
  • "Be afraid, but do it anyway."
  • "When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it - always." -Ghandi
  • "Don't count the days, make the days count."

A list of my favorite books that I have read this summer:
  • Sarah's Key - Tatiana De Rosnay
  • The Help - Kathryn Stockett

Tomorrow I will be back on the road, en route to Cedar City for my second year of college. While last year was a little bittersweet, what with leaving home for the first time and going to a place where I didn't know a single soul, this year is different. This year I know my roommates (who you will meet soon enough, patience my friends) and even though many of my best friends from last year won't be returning, I know that this is going to be one amazing year. I can't wait to see what it has in store for me.

So long, summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment