August 1, 2012

Check up.

It's August first. Which means about 16 days left of "summer" for me. (I put that in quotation marks because the majority of my time is spent at work and by the time I get off at night I have like three hours of summer a day.) (But it's okay. It's not a bad thing!) Which, in turn, means it's time to check up on the summer bucket list.

  • Tennis
  • Swimming
  • Draper Park
  • Draper trail
  • Geocaching
  • Scootering/Ripsticking/Biking
  • Learning to cook
  • Floating the Provo River
  • Hiking
  • Dance Central
  • Make videos
  • Rock climbing
  • Cowabunga Bay
  • Drive in movie
  • Camping

I've actually done better than I thought! I need to get cracking on the last few though, seeing as I only have two weeks left. I had to take off skydiving and paragliding because, unfortunately, I'm not made of money. And let's be honest: if I ever am, I will probably just spend it on food.

On the plus side, this summer bucket list has allowed me to find things out that I've never known. Or maybe just forgotten. Like how much I love rock climbing and playing tennis even though I am awful at both. Like how much I've missed hiking and swimming and the tree of life at Draper Park. Like how cold drive in movies can be.

Mostly, though, I've rediscovered my love for bike riding. (And yes, I know I kind of already blogged about biking once but I'm going to do it again.) This summer I have switched out my usual running routine for a biking routine, mostly because it's more fun and I got way out of shape as far as running goes while I was in France. So I've opted for a bike most of the time, and it has been amazing. Not only do you get a great sense of accomplishment when you finally make it up the giant hill you live on top of, but it's also the best way to explore. So far I have found four deer (which include a baby and a buck), a zebra, two emus, a dinosaur, and a new secret treehouse (since my old one is rotting away).

So, I guess this summer has yielded a few benefits. It's definitely been an interesting one. But I'm so ready to go back to Cedar!

No comments:

Post a Comment