October 2, 2013

Chaos.

I'm resisting the temptation to begin this post with the words "It's already October." I know you know. We all know and we're all pumped! October is the month of pumpkin spice eggnog, crunching leaves, boots and leggings, changing colors, crisp air, canyon bike rides, haunted houses... Basically the best time of the year.

I'm hoping and praying that I will find the time to enjoy it, seeing as how my life lately has been chaos. I'm still working at the treatment center that I've been working at since April, but in addition to that I have taken on the responsibility of managing the #tbirdnation blog and the admissions Instagram page, as well as helping out with other social media. Plus taking 12 upper division credits and institute and probably getting a church calling. Good thing I'm happiest when I'm busiest! For real though.

However, in the relatively small amount of down time I have had recently, I've managed to pull off a few fun activities: nighttime mini golf and board games, a really interesting yoga class, a delicious and eventful birthday party for my roommate, a bike ride through Snow Canyon, and a trip to Sand Hollow. I just realized that even my free time isn't really that relaxing. (Yoga should have been... but just visit Sage Hills and you'll understand.)

In light of this, my goals for the rest of this semester need to include taking time for myself. I've been attempting to relax by watching Mad Men and have made it through a whopping one episode. So, over the next few weeks I plan on watching a few more episodes, spending some time with my family, and going to a normal yoga class. And maybe taking a few more YouTube breaks, because we all need more of those.

Here'e the winner of my favorite one I've seen lately! Watch it all the way to the end.

1 comment: