November 1, 2011

Decision time, and Halloween.

Well, I made the decision. Journalism it is. We'll see how this goes!

On a separate note, Halloween was yesterday. It was pretty much a wild weekend. Friday was the Howl, which was a combination of scares, magic, photo booth flip books, tattoos, parrots, and mostly dancing. Followed by more dancing at the after party until four in the A.M. Marissa was a lion and I was a werewolf, complete with fangs that made me talk like Sid the Sloth. Although Tyler (who had the coolest costume ever: Redfoo from LMFAO. So legit. I take credit for his facial hair) thought I looked more like Shakira, so we decided I was a Shewolf and played the song for good measure.



These antics were followed by our last home football game the next day, where we raped UC Davis. Luckily they were redeemed by their marching band that saluted us with strains of Cee Lo Green and Muse. We left early to get Maggie Moo's ice cream and watch some TV.

Next up was Applebee's (Wow. I am doing a lot of name dropping today.) for dinner with Marissa and then back home to get ready for some Saturday night partying. I was a hippie this time, if you could call it that. It really was just a shirt that says "peace" on the front. After dancing it up with LMFAO (again) and some dinosaurs we popped in Easy A for a late night movie party. Can I just say how much I love that movie? See my Facebook status from Sunday for an example.

Sunday passed relatively uneventfully. Just some church, Skype dates with the best and the fam, and a couple episodes of Modern Family.


Monday was the day when things turned for the (comically) worse, in four prime events. 

I went to class and lunch in the morning and everything was normal. Then, I was just driving back from the bank, minding my own business, when suddenly my driver's side window just fell. I tried to roll it up and it made a horrible grinding sound. Eventually I found out, after running around to all the boys in the dorm, that a part inside there probably failed so I get to get it replaced. So that's awesome. That's number one.

About fifteen minutes after that happened, I got my DVD player from Devin (who very kindly brought it down from my house over the weekend), set it up on its side next to our fridge, and popped a Modern Family DVD in there. It fell out because the player was on its side. Naturally, I thought nothing of this, and just kept on trying it until the disc fell inside the DVD player, and Marissa and I had to spend the next half hour unscrewing the entire thing to get it out. Number two.

Life went on, and then it was Halloween night and time to find something to do. I got dressed up in my final costume: Uhura from Star Trek. So cool. Marissa was Superman, Melissa was a hippie (basically the same one I was on Saturday), and Cam was an aviator. We headed out to find another dance party, but upon arriving there were about three cars in the parking lot. So, we bagged that idea and headed to a house party. When we got there, we found out that we were literally the only ones dressed up. Keep in mind that Cam, Marissa, and Melissa had normal, simple homemade costumes and I was dressed in a full-on Star Trek jumpsuit with my hair cemented into a slicked-back ponytail and eyeliner wings. I was not going into that party. Well, it took a lot of convincing by my friends to get me into that party. And it was so embarrassing. Number three.


Last but not least, Marissa and I visited the McDonald's drive-thru (still in costume) to order a McRib, since her nickname is McRib. We had to. Anyway, remember from before when my window stopped working? When we entered the drive-thru, it was duct-taped as far as I could get it closed... so food was not coming through the window in any way, shape, or form. How did we solve that problem, you might ask? 


And that was number four.


No comments:

Post a Comment