February 13, 2012

Sardines.

Things that have made me oh so happy as of late:
  • GHA Reunion. Friday night Mike and I headed out to Jared's house in Enoch to reunite with our old friends from the summer of 2010. Not that we don't already see most of them most of the time because we all go to school here, but it was way fun to sit down and have a conversation! It's a luxury that is not often available in the busy student life. Also, a game of Apples to Apples was in order. Even though I had zero good cards and had to play "baked beans" for "refreshing".
  • A short trip home for the weekend. I made my way up to Sandy on Saturday morning and as soon as I arrived, I went out on an extravagant birthday shopping trip with my mom, which included lunch with my grandma and stops everywhere from H&M to Barnes & Noble. Then my family treated me to a dinner at my favorite restaurant, Asian Star. I can never get sick of that place! I just relaxed on Sunday until I made the treacherous drive home last night. But, I'm alive, so I can't complain.
  • Pranks. I love when I risk my life on I-15 and then walk in my door, exhausted, to find this:


All I have to say about that is - It's on, Tyler (and Marissa).
  • Mail. Today was the greatest day ever when it came to receiving mail. I got an email during English telling me that I had a package, and I had no idea what it could be! Upon picking it up, it was from Cort! And upon opening it, I found it contained Easy Mac, vienna sausages, spam, sardines, and a Virginia Tech snuggie complete with Cort's face glued onto the box. I don't think I could have ever gotten a better present. Or one that would describe Cortland so well.
  • Mail continued. I didn't think it could get any better, but I checked my actual mailbox before going to institute, and lo and behold I had a valentine from my dog! He is so thoughtful.

It's been a great start to this week if I do say so myself. And my birthday is on Saturday! Even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment