May 8, 2012

Bienvenue à Paris.

Well, I'm finally here. The time has finally come and I am in Paris for the next month. I can barely even believe it.


So far I have learned a lot of useful information. For example, it's impolite to cut lettuce with a knife, you shouldn't eat the "crust" of cheese because it could be plastic, and I need to watch out for des voleurs so they don't "couper couper" my camera!

Meet my fellow France habitants:

Sydnie, Ariel, and Jacques
Cindy and Elise

Sydnie and I are living in a little appartement de standing with our host, Anne Charlotte. Who, by the way, makes the best dinners a girl could ask for. And speaking of food: French food. Just a few things I have had include croissants, crepes, cordon bleu, quiche, and lots and lots of bread. Mmmmm.

Today, we visited Notre Dame and Tuileries, which is the garden around the Louvre. Look at the joy on this face.


I call this "The Little Mermaid's ghost meets the Notre Dame bell".

For some reason, my favorite part of Notre Dame has always been these candles. I don't know why I love them so much.


Another thing we stumbled across today that I have never heard of is this bridge. From far away, it looks like there is a bunch of garbage attached to it. But, when you get closer, you can see that they are padlocks. Couples come here and lock them to the bridge to symbolize the bond of their love. I'm kind of obsessed with it.




We also visited a World War II memorial, took a boat ride on the Seine, and went window shopping for a while. Living the Parisian life, no big deal.

Get ready for probably around a million more posts this month.

Bon soir, mes amis!

No comments:

Post a Comment