May 12, 2012

Phantoms and pirates.

It has been a week of dreams coming true.

1. Cœur de Pirate. 
Regular readers of my blog should know that I have been counting down to this one for a while. This gorgeous and talented Canadian has joined the list of concerts I have attended and loved. Despite the fact that her opening act was hacking up a lung, they wouldn't let me take my camera in, and the show started an hour late, it was well worth it. My voice was definitely among all the fans singing along to Comme les enfants!

Wish I took this. But I didn't.




My iPod is lacking in its picture taking skills.

2. Opéra garnier.
Also known as: the building that inspired Phantom of the Opera. It did not disappoint. We technically went there to see a ballet, but who can actually follow those things? Sydnie and I skipped Act II and walked around to take pictures. Also well worth it.





Oh my gosh. I'm there.

3. French fashion show.
It was no Louis Vuitton runway, but France Langue, my school, got us into a little défilé de mode on Friday which I would probably compare it to a Nordstrom fashion show. Either way, I've been to one in Paris! Cameras were not technically allowed here either but I did manage to sneak a few shots.



I know it looks like there wasn't anyone there... and I don't really have an explanation,
there just wasn't anyone sitting in those seats.

After the fashion show, we were wandering around the mall and stumbled across this very interesting art exhibit. We looked at a bunch of drawings down a hallway that led to a black curtain. When we opened the black curtain, we found a black tunnel that led to a black door. When we opened the black door, we found this:


Then we went out of there, and found other things such as these:



Then I found a mirror next to a fake puddle, and took a picture to show you all what I thought of this situation.


It was a very interesting and very cool place.

There have been other things, of course, such as school (4 hours of straight French a day. Yay. Love it.) and of course more food, which I will continue to tell you about as time goes on. Lifelong dreams becoming reality, though, need their own spotlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment