April 29, 2012

Full circle.

So, this weekend.

I can honestly say that I have never been more physically and emotionally beat up in my life.

Thursday commenced with a test in Human Sexuality which really was one of the more mellow things that happened that day. French was fine as well, until after when we had a meeting about study abroad, following which I had a full-fledged panic attack for no real reason. I seriously thought I was going to pass out/start crying/die. Dramatic I know. But really.

Following this little episode, I made the long and hard trek (easy 20 minute drive) out to Three Peaks with this crew to go camping.


As you can see, everyone was psyched to be out in what can barely be called the wilderness. We made tin foil dinners, hot dogs, and banana boats; played cards; and watched The Walking Dead. Everything was going smoothly until about midnight when it started pouring rain and our tents flooded, resulting in everyone getting soaked right down to the bone. We endured this torturous, sleepless night until about 5:30 am when we finally gave up and made the drive home, and then proceeded to sleep basically all day Friday.

The rest of the weekend was not bad at all, but was still somehow very draining. Yesterday Tyler and I went to the National Mustang Car Show or something like that in St. George, which was cool despite the fact I know nothing about cars. I just like looking at all the custom license plates. A few highlights include "GOPNYGO", "FANCEY", and "VENOM". Of course nothing beats Tyler's (EATMDST) (or, as I like to say, "Eat most"). We got frozen yogurt for just 13 cents on the way home and continued our Walking Dead marathon with Marissa that night.

Today has been pretty uneventful so far. It was my last Sunday in my singles ward, which I honestly haven't grown that close to. Still, I found myself getting teary when the closing hymn was "God Be With You Till We Meet Again" and I realized I'm on the threshold of another one of those moments. The kind of moment when life will probably never be the same as I know it right now. The last time I had one of these moments was last summer, when I moved away from home, and it has been one of the best years of my life. I guess I didn't realize it would happen again so soon. Even though I will be coming back next year, not everyone will be. People will leave, and some of them I might never see again. This is such a hard thing for me to face. I hate goodbyes more than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment